A Lesson from Miss Manners

What the hell is wrong with people?

I don’t mind doing favours for people.  In fact, I usually enjoy it.  It makes me feel good.  I don’t ask for anything in return.  But really? Would it kill you to say thank you?  I’m not asking for a gushing three page letter that tells me how wonderful I am (because quite frankly I already know that).  All I’m asking for is a quick note, a quick tweet, a quick DM with ONE FRICKIN WORD.  Thanks.  That’s it.  Really it’s not hard.

You would be surpised how far that one little word can go.

Because the next time you come asking for a favour, and you will, you might just find that I’m too busy to help you out.

18 Responses to A Lesson from Miss Manners

• AMomTwoBoys says:

I heart you.

A lot.
    .-= AMomTwoBoys´s last blog ..Eye Yai Yai =-.

I big squishy hearts luvs you too

• Avasmommy says:

I think you are awesome. But you already know that.
    .-= Avasmommy´s last blog ..Twenty Years On, Part One. =-.

*smooches* You’re teh awesome

• Amanda says:

Jenn-
    if you find out why people have no manners bottle that up cause honey can make a fortune!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again THANK YOU for being my friend cause you know what?
    You’re a damn good one.
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..The Reunion =-.

I would love to find that secret. Personally I think part of it is poor upbringing, but that’s just me. My 2yr old already knows please and thankyou.

• Beth says:

Amen. I get burned like that all the time. I hate ungrateful people!

Totally. I’m glad to know I’m not the only on who this type of thing grates on :-)

• AmazingGreis says:

Just in case you haven’t heard it ENOUGH, you are teh AWESOME and always so helpful. I heart you!
    .-= AmazingGreis´s last blog ..30 20 days of {BLANK} =-.

• Lu ~ @masmom says:

I know how you feel, totally. THANKS for just being my friend! *HUGS*
    .-= Lu ~ @masmom´s last blog ..Tendon Surgery: Take Two =-.

*smooches* Luvs ya!

• Kristen says:

I am big on thank you’s. I always send cards or notes for gifts or whatnot. Jamison always says thank you to people, sometimes with prompting, sometimes with not. (he said “thank you dada” when Jason gave him a stick. A STICK) I do think I forgot to say thank to people for being nice though. So I’ll take this opportunity to say THANK YOU for being there for me last week with Jamison’s limping thing. I <3 twitter big time because now I know YOU! *smooch*
    .-= Kristen´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday: I have tomatoes! =-.

See, that’s an area I could definitely improve on is writing paper thank you notes. I do think it’s so important to teach kids their ‘P & Q’s’ from an early age.
    Being there for you last week was the least I could do. How many times have you held my hands through all my crises with Vista. lol

• Anne says:

We all seem to know your awesome…how did someone else miss that and not say thank you??? I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again…..Thank you Jenn!
    .-= Anne´s last blog ..I’m On Vacay Giveaway!!!! =-.

lol!! Thanks Anne.

agreed.

and so i will say again thank you for all the help with all the crap i’ve been asking you lately LOL
    .-= becky´s last blog ..I have a 6 month old! =-.

Thanks sweetie. You always say thanks and are appreciative. That’s why I don’t mind helping you out. (hugs)

Aww, manners, ya so many people lack them. I hate that saying thank you is so easy and yet so many people forget to do it. A simple thank you can go a long way. I’m working on teaching Maya her “P’s & Q’s”.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Is It Time For #2? =-.