Conversations with a 2yr old

Me:  “What are you doing, sweetie?”

Vista: “Wings!”

Me: “You have wings?”

Vista: “Yes!”

Me: “I see.  And where did you get wings from?”

Vista: “Cats!”

Me: “Uh-huh.  The cats gave you wings.”

Vista: “Yeah!”

Me: “And how big are your wings?”

Vista: “La-llow!”

Me: “Oh, they’re yellow wings?”

Vista: “Yeah! And boo!”

Me: “Yellow and blue wings.  Huh.  And…uh…what are you going to do with these wings?”

Vista: “PARTY!”

I wonder if this is her way of telling me she’s going to be a Scene Kid?

21 Responses to Conversations with a 2yr old

omg that’s awesome. at least she’s in a good mood!
    .-= becky´s last blog ..Always a dancer =-.

Yeah, it’s amazing what a good sleep can do. Funny, I always thought it was Red Bull that gave you wings. Who knew it was really cats.

• Avasmommy says:

Funny, I was just going to say, at least she didn’t say Red Bull. LOL
    .-= Avasmommy´s last blog ..Friendship and the internet, what it all really means….yeah, here I go again. =-.

I’m sure it’s just a matter of time since Daddy’s an energy drink junkie. ;-)

• That is too adorable. Go Vista! You rock, just like your mama! :)

Awww… you’re too sweet. Thanks! You rock my world.

• Sara says:

What a cutie! I want wings too!
    .-= Sara´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

lol. You and me both! Hmmmm… Maybe we’ll have to get some for our BlogHer parties.

• Ashley (@momtobrady) says:

LOL. seriously, sounds like you have one helluva dreamer on your hands!

You have no idea. The kid has quite the imagination. I’m just waiting for her to tell me that she talks to dead people.

• I love this story. It is precious and unique and now you will always remember it. This, for me, is one of the most amazing things about blogging. They don’t have predetermined lines for these magical anecdotes on those thick parchment pages of Baby Books. No, it is up to us to jot down these jewels.

Party on, Vista!

Thank you for your comment. It’s so true. That’s part of the reason I’m so glad I have this blog to capture these little fleeting moments in time that are always to quickly lost or forgotten.

Hilarious!! Sounds like a typical conversation with my almost 2 year old :)
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Breastfeeding Challenges: The Lazy Nurser =-.

I really wonder how they come up with some of this stuff. But I’m glad to know it’s not just my kid. lol

• Beth says:

Lol, be careful if she breaks out glow sticks ;)
    .-= Beth´s last blog ..I Heart Faces-“Blue” =-.

Bwhahahahaha… That totally had me laughing out loud *going to hide all the glow sticks in the house now*

• This is why I would choose to have a conversation with my little people over adults any day – So freakin’ adorable!!
    .-= Maria @BOREDmommy´s last blog ..Wordy Wednesday – Bag Lady =-.

Yeah, it’s scary when you realize you can have a more intelligent conversation with your kid than with some of the adults you know.

• pamela says:

that is so friggin cute! she and my two year old would love each other. my daughter loves to wear butterfly wiiiings!
    .-= pamela´s last blog ..Interpret How You Like =-.

lol! That would be so much fun to get them together.
    I’ve been thinking I might need to get her a pair of wings for Halloween and let her go as a fairy or something. She’s girly enough that would just make her day.

• haha awesome =)
    .-= Sara @heartmychloe´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday – animal style =-.