Beautiful Blogger

Beautifulblogger1 Beautiful BloggerNic over at My Bottle’s Up was sweet enough to grace me with the Beautiful Blogger Award last week.

I hate to say it, but I’m just insecure enough that little things like this make me feel validated.  And I need that boost some days.  Otherwise I fall into the ‘why am I bothering to blog’ trap.  And I’ve been feeling that way quite a bit lately.  Which is why I haven’t been as active on here or on Twitter.

I find myself on the brink of unplugging and walking away.

And it’s not that I don’t enjoy blogging, because I love having a place to vent and mull and share.  And I love the support and friendship I get from Twitter.

But the past few weeks…  I don’t know.  I couldn’t even say what it is that’s making me feel like this.  Maybe I’m just burnt out from real life stuff.

Anyway, that’s my really long winded, whiny way of saying ‘Thanks Nic.  I needed the pick me up’

So, the ‘rules’ of this award:

1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award  (Thanks Nic!)
  2. Copy the award & place it on my blog. (see the pretty picture up above?)
  3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award.  (linky love…right here!)
  4. Share 7 interesting things about myself  (oh gawd…really?  Well, fine.  Feel free to skip it and look at the pretty blog award up top instead, though)
  5. Nominate 7 other beautiful bloggers  (think, think, think… who do I want to know more about….)

Seven things you always wanted to know about me, but were afraid to ask:
(aka. seven random things because I’m lacking creativity)

1. Part of me really wants to go back to work, at least part time.  But putting Vista in  daycare is totally out of the question right now. And working evenings after a full-on day with her isn’t really realistic.  Nor is leaving Bil to watch her after he’s worked all day.  So, that whole working thing?  Not gonna happen any time soon.  Guess that means I’ll just have to force people to let me redesign their blogs instead.
  2. I think we’ve pretty much decided not to expand our family.  When Bil and I were out shopping the other day we saw some adorable baby clothes and our reaction was ‘Wouldn’t this have looked cute on Vista… we should get a doll for her that she can dress in these clothes’, not ‘OMG, I wish I had a baby so I could buy these clothes’.   I almost feel like I should feel some sadness at the thought of not having anymore kids, but all I get is a sense of relief.  But I still want babies to hug and snuggle, so y’all better get on popping a few out for me.
  3. We have a huge backyard at our house (think a quarter acre – about 3 normal city lots) that is wide open right now.  I know exactly what I’d like to do to it, but I’m landscaping inept and don’t know where to start.  I also kill plants just by looking at them.  It’s true.
  4. I think it’s important for kids to grow up with pets.  I see the difference in the way Vista approaches animals compared to children who don’t have animals in the house.  I like that she understands not to rush up to a dog (that’s not hers), and is gentle petting other cats (even though she insists on loving her cat practically to death)
  5. Bil and I are toying with the idea of pulling Vista out of school for a year when she’s older and spending it traveling across North America and Europe.  The ultimate first-hand learning experience.
  6. I love to craft.  It’s a creative outlet for me.  Cross stitching, crocheting, scrapbooking… love them all.
  7. I crave change sometimes.  Rearranging furniture makes me happy.  I want to repaint our house  (it’s been the same colors for 5 years.  That’s about 3 years too long).  And I’m dying to redo Vista’s room but I’m looking for inspiration.  I think it’ll be a pink and brown stripes or polka dot theme, but haven’t found exactly the right look yet (any interior decorators want a project?  lol)

Now, to stress 7 of my friends into having to come up with 7 things about themselves…

• First on the list is Ally.  Sweet and sensitive, she’s beautiful inside and out.  And also because I think I have a right to know all her dirty little secrets before I snuggle with her in August.
  • Next up is Lu.  I’ve suckered her and her gimp ankle into taking over BlogHer@Home bandwagon (watch for her to launch it in early March!), so I figure, at the very least, I owe her an award for that.  The fact that she still manages to make us all laugh (painkillers not withstanding) about her physical therapy trials and tribulations is a bonus.
  • And I can’t leave out my other BlogHer@Home bitch (yeah, I managed to sucker more than one person into taking this over while I party in NYC!  Can you believe it?).  So ThePsychobabble definitely has to be on this list.  Passionate and opinionated.  And her name is Jennifer too.  *love*
  • Someone who’s been making me smile a lot lately is Ashlee over at Brain of a Mommy.  She as a cool new camera that she’s taking pretty pictures with.  But I’m not jealous (much).
  • For not being afraid to tell it like it is and stand up for her opinions, I send love, awards, and accolades over to Kim at Beautiful Wreck.
  • One mom I totally look up to, who continually awes me with her perseverance and endurance in the face of adversity, is Heather from Our Incredible Journey.  I don’t know how she’s still awake most days, never mind sane.
  • And last, but never least, she brightens my days with her friendship.   My beautiful blogger list would never be complete without my friend Colleen.

18 Responses to Beautiful Blogger

• toywithme says:

#5 Sounds like a wonderful idea. More knowledge & experiences gained then from a textbook. I wish we had exposed my daughter to an adventure like that. P.S. – I’m addicted to rearranging furniture :)

@toywithme,

I think furniture arranging is a sickness. I really do.
    I’ve considered buying a bigger house, just so I have more room (and thus furniture arranging options).

Yeah I feel the same exact way about more kids. Which is good I guess since I already had Mike fixed. LOL
    .-= Lu´s last blog ..My Story Part 8 I think… =-.

@Lu,

Oh, yeah, I had Bil fixed too. Me and pregnancy are not friends.
    But we had been toying with adopting.
    Now, I think if we decide to adopt, it’ll be from the pound.

• terrie_j says:

I always enjoy reading your posts. You are such a kind and sweet person and it always shows in your writing. I think you totally deserve the “Beautiful Blogger” award, and any other good awards that are given out. You take good care of you baby, and keep up the good writing.

@terrie_j,

Thanks sweets. I appreciate you taking the time to comment (and contrary to what your daughter says, you don’t *have* to comment if you don’t want to. lol)

• uthostage says:

Congrats on the award Jenn! And I LUV the new look!

When my daughter was born, I really wanted another child cuz of the 8+ year span between her and her brother. I didn’t want her to be an only child in the house. But, things rarely turn out the way I think. And since my daughter is 10, I just turned 40, and I’m in the middle of my second divorce (did I really just say that out loud? UGH.), I’m fairly confident that I ain’t gonna be birthin no mo babies. And I’m ok with that. I think. ;)
    .-= uthostage´s last blog ..Girl Talk Thursday – Valentine’s Day? =-.

@uthostage,

OMG. With my head under the rock like it’s been, I totally missed the divorce stuff. I’m so sorry to hear that. (hugs).

Sometimes I get the ‘I miss babies’ feeling. That’s when I call up my SIL and ask her when she’s having another kid. lol

• mel says:

i think that you should travel. i think that would be fantastic for Vista. love the new design.

• the new look is FANTASTIC!!! way to go mylady. some very beautiful women to pass this award on to… and i’m thrilled to hear that lu and jennifer will be taking over our wee babe BlogHer@Home. i know they will be terrific.

glad to have picked you up a bit with the award. you are definitely one of the most beautiful women in my life. xoxo!
    .-= nic @mybottlesup´s last blog ..beautiful blogger award =-.

• Ashlee says:

I did not know you love crafting! I want your backyard, too! Thank you for the award and for the stress of coming up with 7 interesting things about myself(just kidding)! Love ya!!
    .-= Ashlee´s last blog ..Out with the old…..and in the with the new =-.

I’d like to thank the academy…

um, you.

Yeah, hmmm….this might take awhile. I’ll work on this. I promise.

Love the new digs. Tres posh. :)
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..That Surreal Moment =-.

Congrats on the award. You are definitely a beautiful blogger, the award is well deserved.

Totally go on that year long trip with Vista when she’s a little older. I would have loved it my parents did that with me. There is nothing better than a little real life learning.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Common Bottle Prep Mistakes and The Fixes =-.

• I’m the same way. Awards might not be the sole reason I blog (not by a long shot, I just like to run my mouth, to be honest) But they do make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)
    So thank you for including me in your list:)
    And I’m looking forward to checking out the couple of ladies on there that I’m not already following! I mean, if you like ‘em, chances are I will too, lol

Love ya,
    Jen
    .-= thepsychobabble´s last blog ..Keeping Busy and Keeping Your Sanity: Is it Possible?? =-.

• Ange says:

I love the new look! I know you’ve had a lot going on lately, but I’m always glad to see you on Twitter. Big hugs, friend!

• We’ve got a savings account all set up for our trek across Europe when the kids are older. I lived in Germany for 3 years in my teens, and my parents had us exploring the world around us at every opportunity. It’s the kind of experience that shapes a person the way nothing else can!

Also… I wanted to tell you – we had a spirit guide come to our house yesterday. She is a-freaking-mazing. Let me know if you want her email, if you have questions or whatnot about Vista and Sam. Alison is very, very shiny – and Blythe with her extra sensory stuff, picks up on A LOT. We’ve got a dude here in the house and a woman in the barn, and neither of them will talk to the girls which leads to them just being frightened. After Kim was here yesterday, my kids BOTH fell asleep without a whimper and slept through the night for the first time in I don’t know how long. AND Kim gave me some great suggestions. Anyway – off topic! But wanted to share :)
    .-= Andrea’s Sweet Life´s last blog ..Lady Bits =-.

@Andrea’s Sweet Life,

OMG. How cool is that. I would love to hear more about what Kim said about your ghosts. What prompted you to bring a spirit guide in?

• Issa says:

I’ve always wanted to do that too, pull the kids out of school for a year and travel. We’ll see. maybe one day. It’s still in my head, just further back right now.

i think that there’s nothing wrong with knowing that Vista is enough. that you are done. It’s better to know than not know I think. I don’t feel done, as odd as that may sound.
    .-= Issa´s last blog ..Surprise Renee!!!!!! =-.