Nic over at My Bottle’s Up was sweet enough to grace me with the Beautiful Blogger Award last week.
I hate to say it, but I’m just insecure enough that little things like this make me feel validated. And I need that boost some days. Otherwise I fall into the ‘why am I bothering to blog’ trap. And I’ve been feeling that way quite a bit lately. Which is why I haven’t been as active on here or on Twitter.
I find myself on the brink of unplugging and walking away.
And it’s not that I don’t enjoy blogging, because I love having a place to vent and mull and share. And I love the support and friendship I get from Twitter.
But the past few weeks… I don’t know. I couldn’t even say what it is that’s making me feel like this. Maybe I’m just burnt out from real life stuff.
Anyway, that’s my really long winded, whiny way of saying ‘Thanks Nic. I needed the pick me up’
So, the ‘rules’ of this award:
- Thank the person who nominated me for this award (Thanks Nic!)
- Copy the award & place it on my blog. (see the pretty picture up above?)
- Link to the person who nominated me for this award. (linky love…right here!)
- Share 7 interesting things about myself (oh gawd…really? Well, fine. Feel free to skip it and look at the pretty blog award up top instead, though)
- Nominate 7 other beautiful bloggers (think, think, think… who do I want to know more about….)
Seven things you always wanted to know about me, but were afraid to ask:
(aka. seven random things because I’m lacking creativity)
- Part of me really wants to go back to work, at least part time. But putting Vista in daycare is totally out of the question right now. And working evenings after a full-on day with her isn’t really realistic. Nor is leaving Bil to watch her after he’s worked all day. So, that whole working thing? Not gonna happen any time soon. Guess that means I’ll just have to force people to let me redesign their blogs instead.
- I think we’ve pretty much decided not to expand our family. When Bil and I were out shopping the other day we saw some adorable baby clothes and our reaction was ‘Wouldn’t this have looked cute on Vista… we should get a doll for her that she can dress in these clothes’, not ‘OMG, I wish I had a baby so I could buy these clothes’. I almost feel like I should feel some sadness at the thought of not having anymore kids, but all I get is a sense of relief. But I still want babies to hug and snuggle, so y’all better get on popping a few out for me.
- We have a huge backyard at our house (think a quarter acre – about 3 normal city lots) that is wide open right now. I know exactly what I’d like to do to it, but I’m landscaping inept and don’t know where to start. I also kill plants just by looking at them. It’s true.
- I think it’s important for kids to grow up with pets. I see the difference in the way Vista approaches animals compared to children who don’t have animals in the house. I like that she understands not to rush up to a dog (that’s not hers), and is gentle petting other cats (even though she insists on loving her cat practically to death)
- Bil and I are toying with the idea of pulling Vista out of school for a year when she’s older and spending it traveling across North America and Europe. The ultimate first-hand learning experience.
- I love to craft. It’s a creative outlet for me. Cross stitching, crocheting, scrapbooking… love them all.
- I crave change sometimes. Rearranging furniture makes me happy. I want to repaint our house (it’s been the same colors for 5 years. That’s about 3 years too long). And I’m dying to redo Vista’s room but I’m looking for inspiration. I think it’ll be a pink and brown stripes or polka dot theme, but haven’t found exactly the right look yet (any interior decorators want a project? lol)
Now, to stress 7 of my friends into having to come up with 7 things about themselves…
- First on the list is Ally. Sweet and sensitive, she’s beautiful inside and out. And also because I think I have a right to know all her dirty little secrets before I snuggle with her in August.
- Next up is Lu. I’ve suckered her and her gimp ankle into taking over BlogHer@Home bandwagon (watch for her to launch it in early March!), so I figure, at the very least, I owe her an award for that. The fact that she still manages to make us all laugh (painkillers not withstanding) about her physical therapy trials and tribulations is a bonus.
- And I can’t leave out my other BlogHer@Home bitch (yeah, I managed to sucker more than one person into taking this over while I party in NYC! Can you believe it?). So ThePsychobabble definitely has to be on this list. Passionate and opinionated. And her name is Jennifer too. *love*
- Someone who’s been making me smile a lot lately is Ashlee over at Brain of a Mommy. She as a cool new camera that she’s taking pretty pictures with. But I’m not jealous (much).
- For not being afraid to tell it like it is and stand up for her opinions, I send love, awards, and accolades over to Kim at Beautiful Wreck.
- One mom I totally look up to, who continually awes me with her perseverance and endurance in the face of adversity, is Heather from Our Incredible Journey. I don’t know how she’s still awake most days, never mind sane.
- And last, but never least, she brightens my days with her friendship. My beautiful blogger list would never be complete without my friend Colleen.