Mud Stinks!

We have these wonderful things out here called a Chinook.

On Chinook days it will go from “Oh dear gawd I’m going to freeze my nipples off!” to “Hey, is it legal to go topless?” in a matter of a few hours. In terms of actual degrees, think 0C (32F) to 20C (68F). Yeah, radical.

While the sudden warm weather (minus the accompanying migraine ) is a nice change, there are some side effects… muddy, dirty, wet side effects.

Because sudden warm weather melts all that lovely snow that’s been sitting in my backyard. And melts it in a hurry.

Which means my quarter acre winter wonderland turns into a giant lake. A muddy, dirty, wet lake that two dogs and a toddler want to go play in. (and if you ever come over to my house you’ll understand why my floors are perpetually muddy in the spring).

With this latest thaw, and the fact the dogs have worn out the grass at the bottom of the deck, there’s a nice mud… well it’s not a puddle because there’s no water.  It’s just a big mud pit.

When Vista wanted to go out this afternoon, I first had to get her over the “Oh no!  Oh no, Mommy!  Mud!!”.  And then… well, it’s easier just to show you what happened next.

Needless to say, Bil is picking up some paving stones for that bottom area on his way home

Mud Stinks!

23 Responses to Mud Stinks!

• Kekibird says:

Ahhhhhhh! Poor thing! Getting stunk in the mud does stink!
    .-= Kekibird´s last blog ..Ahhhh, Spring! =-.

• deidra23 says:

That is AWESOME!

I need to bring out my girls and they’ll show her what to do with mud.. lol :)

@deidra23,

Oh you should. We have a yard FULL of mud for them to play in

deidra23 Reply:

@Jenn, the only problem with that is i’d to put them back in my car to get them home.

• Aw, poor thing. But that was hilarious.
    .-= C @ Kid Things´s last blog ..Thank God for Google =-.

• avasmommy says:

When I was about 9, we moved to a new house. We had to have a septic tank put in because there was no sewer service out that far from town. My 5 year old cousin, who lived next door was warned to stay away from the area that the tank was in. The ground was soft to start with, and we’d had a LOT of rain. So, yeah, mud pit. Being a 5 year old boy…he didn’t listen. He got stuck.

At first it was just up to the boots. Then as he squirmed, it was the knees. Then the waist. All this time he’s been yelling for his mom to help him. She thought he was kidding. When she finally got out there, she waded right into the mud. And got stuck. My parents and I watched this whole thing from our living room. We couldn’t stop laughing long enough to go help them. Eventually my cousin’s dad came out to see what all the ruckus was about and was able to get them both out. I think there is still a couple of boots buried out there to this day.
    .-= avasmommy´s last blog ..Dear Avacakes =-.

OMG that’s ridiculously adorable and hilarious! LOVE IT!
    .-= Colleen´s last blog ..Getting My Bitch On. =-.

• I love it. My boy has mud issues, too. I once had to stop the car on the way home from a camp ground and wash his feet, because he took his (soaked) shoes and socks off, only to discover that there was MUD on his TOES!!
    .-= thepsychobabble´s last blog ..GTT: No Consequences? =-.

@thepsychobabble,

ROFL!!! I could TOTALLY picture V doing something like that too. And you just have to stand there and roll your eyes and go ‘really??’

• jenn says:

ROFL I SO DO NOT WANT TO LAUGH AT HER!!! but dangit its funny and OH so very cute!!!
    .-= jenn´s last blog ..Hopeful… =-.

That is too cute.

Where I grew up that used to happen to our backyard too. My mom hated it, we used to have to strip down before stepping foot inside the back door.
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..11 Years: A Sad Anniversary =-.

@Lisa,

That’s EXACTLY what we’ve been doing here. Bad enough the dogs track the mud in.

That’s frickin’ priceless.
    .-= Lu´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday and more because I can’t be wordless. =-.

• ok, i don’t know what i laughed at more: the fact that she had that one foot so stuck and almost lost the boot, or the fact that you were just standing there, laughing, like a good momma ;-)

xoxo

@Sara @TomTheGirl,

What’s even worse? When she went to come in later she got stuck again, lost her balance and fell in the mud, which of course made her hysterical.
    And what did I do? Stood there laughing and seriously contemplated getting the video camera again before I went to help her.
    Yeah. I win mother of the year. lol

• andy says:

Gotta love Canadian Spring! I almost thought you were going to start reciting “HEEEEEYYYYYYYY MR MUD PUDDLE!”

that was adorable!
    .-= andy´s last blog ..500th Post and how we became parents =-.

• omg that was so cute! poor V though. i DETEST mud.
    .-= Becky @TheRealBecks´s last blog ..Break dancing =-.

• Vixen says:

Holy shit, I can’t breath from laughing. Hold on….

Okay. Better. Now. What kind of mother stands there laughing and videoing while their child is stuck in mud that stinks like poop stinks? Oh wait, that would be the me. And, I guess, you.

Seriously, so funny I am gonna go watch again.
    .-= Vixen´s last blog ..Simply Not Enough On My Plate =-.

@Vixen,

lol. Yeah, I’m terrible, I know. And I might have just about peed myself when she fell in the mud later. Poor kid is going to be traumatized.

• patois says:

I was just complaining about the state of my wood floors, thanks to the river of mud cascading down our hillside which culminates right at the deck of the kitchen. The same entrance/exit the damn dog uses 42 times per day.
    .-= patois´s last blog ..The Weekly Wonderings #145 =-.

• Tatiana says:

Honestly, I laughed til I cried at this. Because it’s hilarious, and also because recently on a “chinook” day (I’ve never heard that term before!) I took Maia out and she fell in the mud for the first time… and thenceforth REFUSED to step off the sidewalks the next four times I took her outside because she was so pissed about having mud on her hands.
    .-= Tatiana´s last blog ..At least I’m not in denial =-.

• Ashlee says:

OMG!! Adorable! I laughed so hard at her cuteness with the mud!! This made my night!! Thank you!
    .-= Ashlee´s last blog ..I NEED THIS!!! =-.

• Laura says:

Oh my goodness so damn funny and cute! Lol. Something my Tan would so do too but then she woul look at me, roll her eyes and say nevermind lol.

BTW I would so have gotten the video camera out lol