I’m Leaving On a Jet Plane

196731203 1db4dab711 m Im Leaving On a Jet Plane
Image by Djof via Flickr

I’m starting to get that jittery, antsy feeling.  You know the one when you’ve had too much coffee.

That’s how I get when a trip is looming.

I want it to hurry up and get here.  I’m restless to get going.

Unlike 50% of the people going to the BlogHer conference, I’m not going to need Xanax to get me through the trip.

Years of having to travel for work have made it such a way of life that I miss it now that I’m not doing it anymore.

I need to roam and explore.

When I’m stuck in the same city for too long I feel that familar longing of wanting to GO somewhere.  Anywhere.  Just for the change of scenery.  Just to get in the car and drive.

So, I’m looking forward to my NYC trip.  Looking forward to meeting up with my roomies , people watching at parties, and even living out of a suitcase in a hotel.

I’ll be flying into Philly on Aug 3 to pester Ally and her family for an evening.  Then her husband was blackmailed coerced badgered generously offered to drive us up to New York on the 4th, to save us the train ride.  It has nothing to do with the fact that it’ll allow us to bring more liquor up with us that way.  Nothing at all.

The best thing about the 4th?  It’s also My BIRTHDAY!  Oh yeah!  Party in New York!!

We’ll be hitting the karoke scene Wednesday night (don’t worry, I can’t sing either) with QueenMommy and her crew.  We’d love to have you join us!

If you’re reading this, then we also need to hook up for hugs / drinks / fondling / etc.  So DM me your cell number so we can track each other down.  I have a few numbers already, but there are a ton of you I want to hook up with and I’ll need a way to stalk you track you down.

See you in less than two weeks!  (SQUEEEEE!!)

Im Leaving On a Jet Plane

17 Responses to I’m Leaving On a Jet Plane

• Mandi Bone says:

I am going to dm my 3 now.

What an awesome way to celebrate your birthday!!!

I so wish I was going to NYC for BlogHer this year, maybe next year. Have a great time. I can’t wait to hear all the fun stories you guys come back with.

@Lisa,

I so wish you were going too. That would have been awesome. Next year for sure!!

I’m so excited for you and everyone else going. I wish I was. But I’m like you and need to go somewhere every few mos or I’ll implode! So I have to miss BHAH now because I’m taking a trip too that same weekend. But I’ll think of you on your bday. Have a great time!

• Angi says:

So…I already was really wishing that I was going to Blogher…but now that I know that your birthday is the 4th…and mine is the 3rd…WOW, what a party THAT would be!

@Angi,
    You’re on the 3rd? Too cool! We are Leo’s, hear us roar! lol
    That really sucks that you’re not going. We would have SUCH a good time!!

• ally says:

Badgered. That’s pretty much what happaned. Though I still hold firmly to the belief that the idea of me driving in NYC scared him more than not wanting to part with the 200$ to park the car for the weekend. lol.

Can’t wait to seeeeeeee you!

@ally,

That and the thought of you making it there in one piece with me along for the ride. He probably figured there was less chance of us getting arrested if he delivered us right to the door. LOL

• Dre says:

I have traveled all my life, and I get that same antsy feeling. I simply CAN NOT wait to get going, going, gone to New York City!

Can’t wait to meet you and hang out and *squeeee*. :)

@Dre,

YAY! So looking forward to getting some face time with you finally!!
    Do I have your cell or just your home number?

• Amy Phillips says:

I am excited to meet you too!

• cannot wait for a fantastic bewbie hug on sunday… and a bit of a belated birthday celebration. :) i may shed tears of awesome, may…

xoxo!

Every post I read about Blogher, I hate you all a little more. Not really, but damn am I jealous.

• Chantel says:

I can’t wait to meet you Jenn. I’ll send you my #. I’m debating coming up Wednesday night as opposed to Thursday early afternoon. Keep me posted on the Karoke. I would love to buy you a shot for your birthday! xoxo

• punkinmama says:

Jealous. And sad. I wish I was getting to meet you.

Have a great time! (Like I needed to tell you that!)

• I just stumbled onto your blog from Twitter. Where are you in AB, in here too!!!
    And, I adore ‘Queen Mommy’ too, very small world!
    Great to meet you!!
    I didn’t go to BlogHer, how was it?

Tammi

@Tammi @ My Organized Chaos,

I’m just south of Calgary. Where are you?