Chee-Yos

Me: “Vista, what do you want for breakfast?”

V: “Uhhhhh…..Fishy crackers!”

300px Cheerios Chee Yos

Image via Wikipedia

Me: “Hrmmm, yeah, no.  That’s not a breakfast food.  How about some Multi-grain Cheerios instead?”

V: “OK muddy-gain-chee-yos.”

Me: “No.  Mul-tee-gr-… Oh never mind…”

*hands her a bowl of Cheerios*

V: “Mmmmmm….deeeeelicious!  Fresh from the garden!”

Me: “Ummmmm…. *sigh* … Yup mommy picked them special for you”

+++++++++++++++++++++

There are some explanations I can’t get into with her before my morning cup of coffee.  The fact that ‘chee-yos’ don’t grow on trees would be one of those.

Chee Yos

12 Responses to Chee-Yos

• Bil Simser says:

WTF? Chee-yos don’t grow on trees. I’ve been planting them in the back yard in the hopes we could have a chee-yos orchard.

Next you’ll tell me there’s no Santa Claus or Batman is really Clark Kent in disguise.

@Bil Simser,

I’m going to pretend you meant Bruce Wayne and not Clark Kent.

Bil Simser Reply:

@Jenn, of course. Everyone knows Superman is really Bruce Wayne.

• cindy w says:

What’s funny is that I totally let my 3 year-old have goldfish crackers for breakfast this morning. I didn’t have the strength to fight, and I was just happy that she wanted to eat *something* that I didn’t really care. Yesterday she had 2 slices of bologna for breakfast. She likes oatmeal as a pre-bedtime snack. Totally backwards, but eh. What can you do?

@cindy w,

lol. There are days like that in our house too. “You want a cookie for lunch? Fine. Does it mean I don’t have to listen to you whine for the next 5 minutes? Awesome. Here’s your cookie. In fact have two.”

LOL what’s the harm in her thinking that anyway? At least she ate them

Yo, if you can figure out how to make them grow, we can buy several compounds and travel freely! ;)

LOL, I love it. The things they come up with at this age.

• if i could “like” this, i would… repeatedly.

• laura says:

That is so cute. Kids so know how to make you smile. :)

• Vixen says:

Most conversations with kids in the morning require coffee first, don’t they?

• Minky {moo} says:

fresh from the garden…oh that made me laugh. It’s so sweet. Much sweeter than what the Boss says when I hand him things “Don’t tase me bro”
    I blame my husband.