Know It

I own what I say.

I accept sometimes that means eating crow.  So be it.  I still own it.  I’ll apologize if I feel I was wrong.  I’ll clarify things if the situation warrants it.

But please don’t assume you know what I said when you hear it from a third, forth, or fifth party.

If you have an issue with something you *think* I said, then grow a pair and ask me.  If I said it, I’ll own it.  If you need an explanation, I’m usually more than willing to explain the why’s behind it.

And please don’t assume you know exactly how I think based on one supposed 140 characters exchange.  Sometimes words are just words.  There’s not some profound underlying meaning to them.

The fact is, I’m not that fucking deep.

I have neither the time, inclination, or energy to bother to be.

It’s not that I’m shallow.  It’s not that I’m heartless.  It’s not that I’m intentionally cruel or evil.

I say what I mean.

I mean what I say.

I’m a pretty simple person.

And if you think I’m a complete bitch online?  You should meet me in person.

“Never utter these words: ‘I do not know this, therefore it is false.’
One must study to know; know to understand; understand to judge.”
~ Apothegm of Narada

20 Responses to Know It

• angi says:

I mean it when I say…you rock. ALWAYS.

A

@angi,

Thanks hon. I love you and all your frosted lucky charms goodness.

• Adrienne says:

Heh. Sounds like some people in your world need to remember to read the black parts of the page.

I hate when people read or hear things that I didn’t write or say.

@Adrienne,

OMG, laughing so hard I have tears running down my face.
    “read the black parts of the page”…. I love that. I’m totally going to steal that and use it. lol

• jenn says:

effing love this! i could have said this to 50 people this week! so tired of people reading into shit!!!!

@jenn,

I think it’s rampant on the interwebs. People want to look for meaning where there is none. I’m guilty of doing it too. Totally. But yeah… lack of sleep combined with PMS means I’m not in the mood to put up with it today. lol

• YOU KNOW my hands are lifted in the air and singing your praises.

know that… and, that i love you.

@nic @mybottlesup,

Love you hard back

• MrsMessiness says:

Will you marry me?

@MrsMessiness,
    Dude! You’re alive!! I’ve missed you!!!

And that, my friend, is why you are one of my favorite people. I’m very disconnected right now since I’m away on vacation so I have no idea what sparked this.

@Lisa,

Nothing worth interrupting your vacation for. lol
    Just me being cranky ;-)

• EatPlayLove says:

I look forward to the day I meet you in person! You’re my people, I always own what I say. Want drama, look some other place, there’s plenty of it around.

• People are ass monkeys. Or can be.

Did I mention I heart you?

• laura says:

Yeah, I agree, and same here. Oh, and by the way, would so love to meet you in person. Totally miss talking to you on twitter and fb. hugs

I have no idea what this is about but I like it!

• punkinmama says:

No idea what sparked this, but seriously, people are dumb.

Hmmmmm, I have no idea what brought this about! I like it, though. More people should be open and straight forward. Things would be so much easier.

• WORD.
    That’s about all I have to say to that. And by “word”, I DON’T mean “letter”… or “symbol”… or even “cheese”.
    I simply mean WORD.

• toywithme says:

That’s why we get along so well! High five beyotch – love ya :)