Don’t Expect This To Be Coherent

I haven’t been purposely ignoring my blog.
Life got in the way.  It happens sometimes.

Vista finally has an aide. We met her last week for the first time and she’s lovely. I think she’s going to work out well. She’ll be spending a few hours every morning with V, either working with her at home or going to preschool or other activities with her.

We were supposed to have the aide here this week, but we had to put it all on hold because V’s been sick.  (I believe that’s referred to as Murphy’s Law.  That Murphy is  a giant douche.  He probably didn’t like puppies either.  Jerk).

It started with a mild cough Sunday night that progressed to a fever hitting 107 on Monday …and a little bit of mommy freak out when the temp was so high that the thermometer couldn’t read it.  Did you know some digital thermometers have a max temp reading, after which it just says ‘High’, which – note to manufacturers- isn’t really fucking helpful?  Yeah, neither did I.  It’s something I would be happy still not knowing.

She also had her first febrile seizure. That would be what ended up prompting hospital visit #1.

Three hospital visits later and we have a diagnosis of pneumonia with a throat inflammation that caused her to start coughing 100 times a minute. When she gets sick, she doesn’t do it half-assed.

It’s been a long sleepless week.

The cough syrup with codeine, that the ER doc prescribed for her cough, is my new best friend. And Vista actually likes to take it.  Yes, you read that right.  My child who fights every med we give her, willingly takes the cough syrup.  I don’t get it, either.  It’s a fight to give her Children’s Tylenol, but this disgusting cough syrup is OK in her books.  *sigh*  Whatever.  I don’t have to fight to get her to take it.  This is a good thing.

Unfortunately, with her being so sick, it means I’ve had to cancel my trip for next week down to California with @FlyGirlWS, to see a taping of the Ellen show.   Which sucks.  Big time.  *insert giant sad panda here*

So with all that going on, even the thought of blogging takes too many brain cells.

I promise I’ll be back when my I can think coherently again.  Which will hopefully be soon.

17 Responses to Don’t Expect This To Be Coherent

• Michelle says:

Nothing is easy, is it. Hugs to Vista and hugs to you.

• Ironic Mom says:

“It’s been a long sleepless week” is probably the understatement of the year. Wishing you moments of peace and long stretches of health!

• Vixen says:

Poor sad panda and poor V too! Wishing you all a more peaceful weekend and rest. Lots of rest.

You’ve had a bad, bad week and I’m sorry. I’m glad V is on her way to getting better though. I had no idea you were going to CA either…bummer. So I hope things continue to get better and make up for that missed trip. xo

• Ashlee says:

I’m so sorry for you and V. I hope she kicks this quickly! I hope you can plan another trip soon. I’m glad she’s taking that medicine for you

• Holy cow, I am so sorry. Hopefully Vista is on her way to feeling better! I can’t imagine how tired you are right now and bummed about missing your trip. Giant hugs from me. Love ya darlin.

• Chibi Jeebs says:

Oh shit, Jenn! I’m so sorry I’ve been out of the loop and missed all of this. :( If there’s anything I can do from a province away, don’t you dare hesitate, okay?

Love you.

Wow, Vista really likes to go all out when she gets sick. I hope she is feeling better soon and all of you start getting some more sleep. I’m glad you liked the aide and that it looks like it is going to work out.

• Deidra23 says:

Poor V! That sucks you had to cancel Ellen too! Hope she starts feeling better soon.

• dude, i’ve been so grateful for your updates this past week. you guys have been on my mind like crazy and it really makes me HATE this whole distance thing.

i’m hoping that this weekend brings some relief and quiet for you all. i know i said it the other day, but shit, i can’t imagine how scary it must’ve been to watch her cough like that… and the fever… oh, poor V. poor all of you.

you’re so deserving of your california trip… i’m just mad at the universe for you and wish i could punch it in the cooter with brass knuckles.

love you lady.

• laura says:

poor you having to cancel your trip, hope wellness is restored soon!

• uthostage says:

I hope that V’s getting better and I’m so glad that she’s taking the cough syrup. It sucks, though, that you aren’t able to go on your trip. I’m sad for you.

Hang in there. And do what you need to do. We’ll be here when you get back. And I’ll be better about checking Twitter in case you throw any updates out there. ;)

Hugs!

• Mandi Bone says:

Hugs to you both.

• PsychMamma says:

I’ve been thinking about you guys and sending love. I’m sure you’re low on sleep and mostly exhausted. Today I’m sending you some strength and extra patience, too.

I know how much it completely sucks to cancel a greatly anticipated trip due to Mommy Duty, and I’m wrapping you in a giant hug to help ease the pain a little. Maybe. Probably not enough.

Hang in there, sweets.
    xox

Oh jeebus Jenn. I knew most of this but not all until now b/c my blog reading/involvement feel off the planet. Ahem. Anyway, I am just so sorry about V, the seizure, sickness, cancelled trip…SIGH. Fucking life, eh? When I think of strong ass amazing mothers you are at the top of my list. Hang in there. Sending love and booze.

I vote for canceling winter. Oh, and we should still consider moving to that remote island filled with Clorox, Lysol, and Hand sanitizer.

And, this is my favorite thermometer..worth every freaking penny.

• Brigid says:

Eek. Hope V is feeling better. Sorry you had to miss your trip.