Occasionally other bloggers see fit to give me awards. This forces me to love them forever and stalk them over various forms of social media. And yet, I still get awards. Go figure.
Over The Top
From: Lu at Jaded Perspective
From: Heather at The Adventures of Crazy Mum
From: Jennifer from The Psychobabble
From: Nic at My Bottle’s Up
I still need to say something about this one
A few days ago, the lovely Jennifer from The Psychobabble let me know she was tagging me for a Neno award. I’m always flattered to receive any sort of recognition from my fellow bloggers. But I sat on this one because the ‘rules’ of it state you have to post about why you blog.
I was struggling with answering that question.
Why do I blog? I know it’s not for glory. It’s certainly not for money. I do use my blog as a place to vent, a place to update friends and family on my life. But that’s still not the ‘why’ behind the blogging.
Well tonight it hit me full in the face.
That right there. That is why I blog, why I share, why I write.
Because if I can help one person expand their point of view, understand people a little more deeply, be not so quick to judge, then all the time I spend putting my words down is worth it. If I can help one parent advocate for their child, find new ways of dealing with their issues, or offer them solace in the knowledge that they aren’t alone, then I will continue to write and share.
A big thanks to The Psychobabble for giving it to me and making me pause to consider this. Sometimes it’s good to stop and remember the why behind the what.
The aims of this award:
- As a dedication for those who love blogging activity and love to encourage friendships through blogging.
- To seek the reasons why we all love blogging!
Here are the rules of the award:
- Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it.
- Don’t forget to mention the person who gives you the award.
- Answer the award’s question by writing the reason why you love blogging.
- Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like.
- Don’t forget to notify the award receivers and put their links in your post.
And so I am choosing to tag the following people:
- PB and Jazz for writing a post that warmed my heart (and made me cry a little)
- Messponential for being real and telling it like it is
- Heart My Chloe for being brave and strong. And hawt. Can’t forget hawt.
- The Mommy Tsunami for her Intentional Happiness 365 project. We should all be so inspired
And for everyone reading, what makes you blog? What inspires your passion for writing?